Healthy dinner ideas to lose weight. Try these weight loss recipes for one week and see the results.
TEX-MEX BURGER WRAPS (healthy dinner ideas)
These quick burger wraps will be a sure ﬁre hit and they are much healthier than their fast food cousins.
|Twelve ounces lean ground beef, one cup refried bean, half cup chopped fresh cilantro, one table spoon chopped pickled jalapenos 1 avocado, peeled and pitted half cup prepared salsa 1/8 tea spoon garlic powder four whole wheat tortillas two cups shredded romaine lettuce half cup shredded pepper Jack cheese one lime, cut into four wedges|
How to make
- Pre-heat broiler. Coat a pan with light cooking spray.
- Combine ground beef, beans, cilantro and jalapenos in a medium bowl.
- Shape into four oblong patties and place on the prepared pan.
- Broil the patties until done to your liking. Flip halfway through so both sides brow.
- Mix avocado, salsa and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Spread each tortilla with this mixture, Add lettuce and cheese.
- Top each with a burger and roll into a wrap.
VEGGIE CHILI (healthy dinner ideas)
These hearty chilies will please even the carnivores in your house.
|One small onion, chopped one large green bell pepper, chopped 3/4 cup chopped celery 3/4 cup dry red wine or water three cloves garlic, ﬁnely chopped two cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained 1 1/2 cups water one fourth cup tomato paste two Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes one tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro one tablespoon chili powder half teaspoon cumin two cans (15 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed|
How to make
- Cook onion, pepper, celery, wine and garlic in large saucepan over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomatoes with juice, water, tomato paste, bouillon, cilantro, chili powder and cumin; stir well.
- Stir in beans. Bring to a boil; cover. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for fourty five minutes.
LIME CHICKEN (healthy dinner ideas)
These Asian inspired dish is also full of vitamins from the citrus.
|Nonstick cooking spray four boneless, skinless chicken breast halves 3/4 cup Natural Apple Juice from one lime two teaspoon cornstarch one teaspoon Chicken Flavor Instant Bouillon|
How to make
- Spray large, nonstick pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook chicken, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Combine Apple Juice, lime juice, cornstarch and bouillon in small bowl.
- Add to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until thick. Spoon sauce over chicken to serve.
MUSHROOM AND SCALLION CHICKEN (healthy dinner ideas)
|One table spoon toasted sesame oil one small bunch scallions, sliced, whites and greens separated one small garlic clove, ﬁnely chopped four ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced four cups water 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce one-inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced one pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 -inch cubes|
How to Make
- In a very large soup pot, heat the sesame oil over medium heat.
- Add the scallion whites and garlic; cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Add the mushroom and cook until softened, only for three minutes.
- Pour the water into the pot. Add soy sauce and ginger. Let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Place the chicken in the broth. Low the flame; cover and poach until the chicken is just cooked through, about seven minutes.
- Transfer the chicken evenly to 4 bowls. Pour broth over the chicken. Garnish with the scallion greens.
BROCCOLI AND SHRIMP (healthy dinner ideas)
An Asian dish transformed into a quick and healthy dinner.
Two third cup chicken broth one tea spoon cornstarch one table spoon minced garlic, divided three tea spoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided 1/4-1/2 tea spoon crushed red pepper one pound raw shrimp (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined 1/4 tea spoon salt, divided four cups broccoli ﬂorets two third cup water two table spoon chopped fresh basil one tea spoon lemon juice, Freshly ground pepper.
How to make
- Combine chicken broth, cornstarch and half the garlic in a bowl; whisk until smooth.
- Heat 1-1/2 tsp oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add remaining garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook while stirring for about 30 seconds. Add shrimp. Sauté until shrimp are pink, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining oil to the pan. Add broccoli and a pinch of salt. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add water, cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with shrimp.
- Add chicken stock mixture to the pan and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat, until thickened, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in basil and season with lemon juice and pepper. Add shrimp and broccoli; heat through. Serve with lemon wedges.
SOUTHWEST STEAKS /SALSA SAUCE (healthy dinner ideas)
These steaks pack a punch of power, use your favorite cut of meat, but we love the rib-eye.
|2 4-ounce half-inch-thick steaks, such as rib-eye, trimmed of fat one tea spoon chili powder half tea spoon kosher salt, divided one tea spoon extra-virgin olive oil two plum tomatoes, diced two tea spoon lime juice one table spoon chopped fresh cilantro|
How to Make (Heathy dinner ideas)
- Rub both sides of steak with chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook, cook until it reaches your desired level of doneness. Cover the steaks with foil and let them rest while making the salsa.
- Add tomatoes, lime juice and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to the pan and cook, stirring often, until tomatoes soften, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in cilantro and any accumulated juices from the steaks. Serve steaks topped with the salsa.
GRILLED EGGPLANT & PORTOBELLO SANDWICH (healthy dinner ideas)
This vegetarian option is delicious and ﬁlling. It will be a crowd pleaser.
|One small clove garlic, chopped one fourth cup low-fat mayonnaise one tea spoon lemon juice one medium eggplant (about 1 pound), sliced into half-inch rounds two large portobello mushroom caps, gills removed Canola or olive oil cooking spray half tea spoon salt half tea spoon freshly ground pepper eight slices whole-wheat sandwich bread, lightly grilled or toasted two cups arugula, or spinach, stemmed and chopped if large one large tomato, sliced|
How to make
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Mash garlic into a paste on a cutting board with the back of a spoon. Combine it with mayonnaise and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Spray both sides of eggplant rounds and mushroom caps with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables, turning once, until browned on both sides. When cool enough to handle, slice the mushrooms.
Spread one and half teaspoons of the garlic mayonnaise on each piece of bread. Layer the eggplant, mushrooms, arugula (or spinach) and tomato slices onto four slices of bread and top with the remaining bread.